Well, it’s that time of the year again and I have made my Oscar predictions. In a bit of a high-tech add-on this year, I have posted my picks on the official Oscar website, which can be used to create a pool with anyone I follow on Facebook (gotta love technology).
Directing: Michel Hazanavicius, The Artist
He won the Director’s Guild Award and the two awards only failed to sync about six times.
Writing (Original Screenplay): Midnight in Paris
It won the Writer’s Guild award and you definitely have to agree that Woody Allen’s latest was a very original film.
Writing (Adapted Screenplay): The Descendants
Probably the only award Alexander Payne’s latest will get.
Actor in a Leading Role: Jean Dujardin, The Artist
Since he won nearly every pre-Oscar award, this French actor we never heard of before this year will be anointed into the Hollywood elite this evening.
Actor in a Supporting Role: Christopher Plummer, Beginners
This is another sure bet for this year.
Actress in a Leading Role: Viola Davis, The Help
A lot of people are saying Meryl Streep, but Davis won the SAG award, which could point to her also winning the Oscar.
Actress in a Supporting Role: Octavia Spencer, The Help
This is probably another sure bet for this year.
Well those are the major categories. Here are the rest of my predictions:
- Short Film (Animated): The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore
- Documentary (Feature): Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory
- Short Film (Live Action): Raju
- Documentary (Short Subject): The Tsunami and the Cherry Blossom
- Film Editing: The Artist
- Sound Editing: Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- Foreign Language Film: “A Separation,” Iran
- Sound Mixing: Transformers: Dark of the Moon
- Makeup: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
- Visual Effects: Rise of the Planet of the Apes
- Music (Original Score): The Artist, Ludovic Bource
- Animated Feature Film: Rango
- Art Direction: The Artist
- Cinematography: The Tree of Life
- Music (Original Song): Man or Muppet from The Muppets
- Costume Design: The Artist