On its new day, here are the films I watched over the last week and a half (most of which were watched during my trip to the cottage). As always, you can see me log films as I watch them over at Letterboxd.
Here is what I watched:
- Donnie Darko – Rewatch (Blu-Ray) – The tenth anniversary of my first viewing, which resulted in perhaps my longest post of the year.
- Attack the Block – Rewatch (Blu-Ray) – I thought of this film while watching The Watch.
- Cottage Rewatches (All on DVD):
- My Cousin Vinny – Hard to believe this film is now 20 years old. Makes you miss seeing Joe Pesci on screen.
- Drive – Still very much like this film
- Meet the Parents – A cottage viewing tradition
- Paul – This also popped into my mind in reference to The Watch
- Meet the Fockers – Continuing the cottage mini-marathon
- In Bruges – This film gets better each time I see it.
- Little Fockers – Watching this in conjunction with the other two makes you fully realize how underwhelming and unnecessary this film really is.
- Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark – An underrated horror film.
- The Artist – Looks great on an older (4:3) TV.
- Rushmore – Rewatch (Blu-Ray) – Finally got the Criterion disc I ordered about four weeks ago.