Back in 2013, I did a cult film themed Blindspot series, picking films from the book “101 Cult Movies You Must See Before You Die.” For my 2018 edition of the series, I have decided to return to the book and pick 12 more cult films to see. This time around, I decided to focus on films released between 1950 and 1980, since this seemed to be the peek time for these cult classics.
- Sunset Boulevard (1950) – Billy Wilder
- The Night of the Hunter (1955) – Charles Laughton
- Rebel Without a Cause (1955) – Nicholas Ray
- Bande Á Part (1964) – Jean-Luc Godard
- Blow-Up (1966) – Michelangelo Antonioni
- Easy Rider (1969) – Dennis Hopper
- Beyond the Valley of the Dolls (1970) – Russ Meyer
- Vanishing Point (1971) – Richard C. Sarafian
- Holy Mountain (1973) – Alejandro Jodorowsky*
- Tommy (1975) – Ken Russell
- Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (1978) – John De Bello
- The Wiz (1978) – Sidney Lumet
* While “101 Cult Movies You Must See Before You Die” lists Alejandro Jodorowsky’s 1970 film El Jopo, I decided to instead go with Holy Mountain, since I happen to own it on blu-ray.