The nominees for the 70th annual Golden Globes were announced yesterday. As always, I shall give my random thoughts:
- I’ve only currently seen two films each from the Best Picture Categories. Hopefully that will change by the time of the ceremony.
- Salmon Fishing in the Yemen really sticks out among the “Best Picture – Musical/Comedy” nominees.
- I’m sort of rooting for Jack Black to win for his performance in Bernie
- ParaNorman should have got a Best Animated nomination. I’m going to root for Franenweenie.
- I’m seeing the same five films (Argo, Zero Dark Thirty, Life of Pi, Lincoln, and Django Unchained) in many categories.
- I didn’t realize there was an original song in Les Miserables
Well that’s all my thoughts for now. I will post formal predictions closer to the ceremony on January 13.